A Drain Cleaning Plan for Handling Smelly Drains
The odors that come out of your drain could be bothersome to anyone in your home. These odors are often caused by some of the items that move into the drain. Old compounds, soaps, and other items can wear out and produce unfamiliar odors that may be bothersome after a while. But you can use a simple drain cleaning process for getting odors out of a drain.
There are a few drain cleaning steps to use here:
- Add about half a cup of baking soda to the drain.
- Mix in two quarts of hot water. This allows the baking soda to become warm and to clear out items around the drain surface.
- Give the baking soda about ten to twenty minutes to take in the odors within the drain.
- You can add another bit of baking soda into the drain if you still notice some odors. Wait a few hours, so the original baking soda application can disappear and wear out.
- You may want to contact a plumbing company if the odors in a spot are not coming out. A professional may work with more intensive drain cleaning procedures to keep the odors in a space from being too strong.
The best part of this process is that it is easy to handle and will not put your drain at risk of harm.