The odors that come out of your drain could be bothersome to anyone in your home. These odors are often caused by some of the items that move into the drain. Old compounds, soaps, and other items can wear out and produce unfamiliar odors that may be bothersome after a while. But you can use a simple drain cleaning process for getting odors out of a drain. There are a few drain cleaning steps to use here:
- Add about half a cup of baking soda to the drain.
- Mix in two quarts of hot water. This allows the baking soda to become warm and to clear out items around the drain surface.
- Give the baking soda about ten to twenty minutes to take in the odors within the drain.
- You can add another bit of baking soda into the drain if you still notice some odors. Wait a few hours, so the original baking soda application can disappear and wear out.
- You may want to contact a plumbing company if the odors in a spot are not coming out. A professional may work with more intensive drain cleaning procedures to keep the odors in a space from being too strong.
Most people wait until their drain is completely clogged before they do anything about it. But what most people do not know is that a slow or sluggish drain is also a problem, and it can indicate you have a bigger issue. If you notice slow draining in your kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, or bathtub, this could mean you have buildup in your drain. A slow-draining kitchen sink can be caused by grease, foods, soap buildup, or even a foreign object. A slow-draining bathtub or shower can be caused by soap, shampoo, bubble bath, hair, or a foreign object. Bathroom sinks can be slow to drain due to hair, soap buildup, toothpaste buildup, or a foreign object. If you notice a bad, rotten or moldy smell coming from your drains, you could benefit from drain cleaning. This could indicate you have a partial clog or buildup that is rotting, causing the unpleasant smell. Having your drains cleaned will eliminate the odor. A bad or unpleasant smell could also indicate your pipes are not draining properly. This can cause pipes to crack or break. It can also cause water pressure problems. No one wants their house to smell bad because of a drain problem! Don’t wait until your pipes are completely clogged to call about drain cleaning. Having your drains regularly cleaned will save you money in the long run because you will not have to pay for expensive repairs that can result from a clog. Drain cleaning also creates a cleaner environment for you and your family by eliminating odor and unsafe bacteria. You can feel confident you are doing everything to keep your home safe for your family.